Thursday, May 23, 2013

Eventually It Will All Change.

Let me just start out simply. I love all my friends. Each one brings out a special something in me that no one else can. Whether we are close or not they each hold a special place in my heart and forever will. Now, all friendships should be simple. Whether we like it or not, each friendship is like a child. It requires care, love, understanding, and acceptance. It will also drive you crazy, make you laugh, and love you to no end.
Eventually there will come a point in some friendships where you have to decide: do you continue on with the path designated for you, or do you walk on the other path? Crossroads in other words. Coming to this point makes you realize that everything is changing, whether you like it or not. Friendship should be natural. You shouldn't have to force a friendship. Once in a while, you transition from a smooth ground to a rocky terrain within minutes. Where do you go? Do you give up, or do you give in? Do you try and please everyone, even if it's not who you are? That is what makes friendship so hard. You have to choose sometimes between the impulsive decision and the long term decision. Friendships take so long to build but so little time to destroy. My feeling are probably not unheard of. Our teenage years are beyond difficult, no matter where we live, who our friends are, or how we think. We all experience this angst that builds up within us. Angst that occasionally spills over, and crashes down on us.
Our friends are supposed to be our support system. Acceptance is the key. So why do I feel neglected? The odd one out? This may all be in my imagination, I don't doubt it. My own teenage angst. Nevertheless don't fret if it all suddenly changes. Just remember; “I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.”- Marilyn Monroe.
I know that people will ask me why I wrote about personal things, and why I would tell this to the public. The truth is, everyone goes through these ups and downs. Everyone struggles with decisions that need to be made. Decisions that can make or break something. I'm telling you all this in hopes that you can learn from my mistakes and life lessons, so that you don't have to go through your own. I refuse to apologize for expressing my feelings. This is the way I express myself, you don't have to like it but that's why it's for me.
xoxo, Paloma
Just more B&W photography to compliment my mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment